Bend Oregon Online Mapper (BOOM) Help
Thank you for trying our online mapping application. We hope using it will be easy and intuitive, but we do have this basic help guide for your assistance. This is a general guide and pictures may not match the application exactly as you see it, but the functionality should be similar.
Basic tips to get started:
- To zoom the map you can use your mouse wheel, double-click the mouse, or pinch to zoom on mobile.
- The search box searches for addresses, roads, taxlot#, businesses, parks, and schools. When the search completes you can click on a result in the left hand side to zoom to it on the map.
- You can click on the map at any time to view a quick map tip of information for property boundaries, roads, parks, and the Water & Sewer utility maps (*layer has to be visible for map tip to appear)
- Only a few layers have quick map tip. To find information for other layers use the blue ‘I want to…’ button and choose an option.
- Quickly turn on or change aerial imagery using the basemap icon at the lower left corner of the map.
- To print a map click the blue ‘I want to…’ button and choose print.
- The toolbar has a number of different tools available for navigation, finding data, measuring, and drawing graphics.
- Use the panel actions drop down menu to access different options and functions. Options change depending on what is currently in the panel below it (see 2nd image - list results layout below)
- You can export your search results to Excel if you like. You will find this option under the panel actions menu.
- The city wide search will return search results found within several city data layers in the map.
- Use the I want to menu for access to various tasks that might be available.
- Click the icons below the left side panel to toggle between different content views. These icons will vary depending on various actions and results when using the application.
- You may show or hide the left side panel using the arrow icon next to the I want to button. This may be one or off by default depending on the application used.
- Use the base map icon to quickly toggle between different predefined base maps & imagery.
- Click the toolbar icon to either show or hide the toolbar panel. The toolbar includes tools for basic navigation, finding data, performing measurements, user drawings/markups, and map print/export options.
List Results Layout:
- The default results panel appears on the left side of the map. It displays results from the various search and I want to tasks. Results may have more information than what is listed in the default view. Click a result in the list to expand the record and view more information that may be available for that feature.
Table Results Layout:
You can also view your search results in a table view if you like. This view will let you see the results in a worksheet format and sort a column in ascending or descending order. Only one column can be sorted at a time. To use the table view click the panel actions menu icon at the top of the standard results panel as seen below:
The table will appear below the map as seen below.